Welcome to The Crown Estate
Our agricultural interests include both livestock and arable farming. Consisting of around 106,000 hectares (263,000 acres) across the UK, they also include 26,900 hectares (66,500 acres) of common land, principally in Wales.
The way the land is utilised varies depending on location, from traditional hill farming in Scotland and Wales to large-scale commercial operations in the eastern counties of England, and our farming tenants generate a diverse range of arable and livestock products.
We are acutely aware that farmers have, for some time, been working in a challenging environment. As a landlord we believe that it is vital that we support our tenants wherever possible. This might mean helping our tenants to enhance farming enterprises, or to diversify into non-agricultural activities; either way with a view to improving business profitability.
Get in touch
- 24 February 2014 Northumberland rural estate purchased
- 05 February 2014 Woodland activity centre granted planning permission
- 21 January 2014 Bringing in 2014 with raft of activity across strategic land portfolio
- 05 February 2014 Dunster woodland activity centre gets go ahead
- 15 January 2014 Work commences on Lecht road junction project
- 12 December 2013 Early Christmas present for West Somerset Community College
- 26 November 2013 Exe Estuary Trail complete
- 21 November 2013 Delamere regeneration plans open for public consultation