Welcome to The Crown Estate
What we do
The rural economy faces specific challenges. To help meet these challenges we provide financial and practical support to our tenants, underpinned by a clear business rationale.
The way we work with rural businesses depends on the local context and the aspirations of our tenants. Some want practical and financial support, others are simply looking for advice, or for help in building their brand.
Effective rural businesses require modern assets that are fit for purpose. We invest directly in farming infrastructure and equipment so that our tenants can run profitable and sustainable enterprises.
We are actively seeking to work with our tenants to secure viable opportunities for anaerobic digesters, biomass plants and sound waste disposal solutions, and we are keen to encourage and support small-scale renewable energy initiatives. A number of tenants are pursuing an interest in micro-generation schemes on their properties.
Get in touch
- 04 April 2014 5,000 home development for Thetford approved
- 01 April 2014 Legal panel appointed for Rural and Coastal portfolio and Windsor estate
- 24 February 2014 Northumberland rural estate purchased
- 24 February 2014 Purchase of rural portfolio from Rio Tinto
- 05 February 2014 Dunster woodland activity centre gets go ahead
- 15 January 2014 Work commences on Lecht road junction project
- 12 December 2013 Early Christmas present for West Somerset Community College
- 26 November 2013 Exe Estuary Trail complete