Welcome to The Crown Estate
What we do
The rural economy faces specific challenges. To help meet these challenges we provide financial and practical support to our tenants, underpinned by a clear business rationale.
The way we work with rural businesses depends on the local context and the aspirations of our tenants. Some want practical and financial support, others are simply looking for advice, or for help in building their brand.
Effective rural businesses require modern assets that are fit for purpose. We invest directly in farming infrastructure and equipment so that our tenants can run profitable and sustainable enterprises.
We are actively seeking to work with our tenants to secure viable opportunities for anaerobic digesters, biomass plants and sound waste disposal solutions, and we are keen to encourage and support small-scale renewable energy initiatives. A number of tenants are pursuing an interest in micro-generation schemes on their properties.
Get in touch
- 19 November 2013 Public consultation on Delamere regeneration plans
- 14 November 2013 The Crown Estate & West Somerset College host forest education day
- 01 November 2013 New mountain biking trails open at Glenlivet
- 26 November 2013 Exe Estuary Trail complete
- 21 November 2013 Delamere regeneration plans open for public consultation
- 01 November 2013 New Glenlivet mountain biking trails open
- 17 October 2013 Supporting pupils near Holmewood estate
- 08 October 2013 2,000 year old Roman villa found in Devizes