Welcome to The Crown Estate
What we do
The Crown Estate's portfolio of homes includes listed buildings and brand new modern homes, from one-bed terraces to large detached family houses.
We have over 700 rural residential tenancies, mainly former farm cottages and farmhouses. New lettings are on an assured shorthold basis and attract market value rents.
Our properties are situated across the UK and their day-to-day management is handled by local managing agents.
We aim to provide our tenants with value for money, treat them with respect and ensure that the homes are maintained to an appropriate standard. To deliver this service we have developed a Crown Estate Quality Standard - a scoring matrix - covering ten key elements that form the essentials of a home such as the standard of kitchen and bathroom and efficiency of heating. This provides a common benchmark for the physical condition of housing across the rural estate.
All tenants are issued with a tenant's handbook which provides general information about their tenancy and their partnership with us. From the surveys we carry out, most residents tell us they are very happy with where they live and the service we provide.
We sell and let properties through our network of regional property managing agents.
Get in touch
- 24 February 2014 Northumberland rural estate purchased
- 05 February 2014 Woodland activity centre granted planning permission
- 21 January 2014 Bringing in 2014 with raft of activity across strategic land portfolio
- 05 February 2014 Dunster woodland activity centre gets go ahead
- 15 January 2014 Work commences on Lecht road junction project
- 12 December 2013 Early Christmas present for West Somerset Community College
- 26 November 2013 Exe Estuary Trail complete
- 21 November 2013 Delamere regeneration plans open for public consultation