Welcome to The Crown Estate
Whether it is through building design or investing in renewable energy, we work to secure a sustainable future for our estate.
We are committed to long-term sustainable operations across the diverse portfolio we manage on the rural estate.
We have a well established governance structure that clearly defines our role and responsibilities and helps us implement our sustainability strategy.
Where we directly manage property and businesses, we are able to take clear and decisive action. We communicate our aspirations, identify common goals, offer expertise and collaborate with stakeholders to achieve our targets.
For some parts of our portfolio where our degree of direct management is limited, for example with properties on long leases, we engage with tenants and stakeholders to influence their activities so that they become more sustainable:
Our sustainability strategy is based around four pillars:
- Tackling climate change and energy security
- Driving environmental value
- Sustaining communities
- Working together.
Get in touch
- 19 November 2013 Public consultation on Delamere regeneration plans
- 14 November 2013 The Crown Estate & West Somerset College host forest education day
- 01 November 2013 New mountain biking trails open at Glenlivet
- 12 December 2013 Early Christmas present for West Somerset Community College
- 26 November 2013 Exe Estuary Trail complete
- 21 November 2013 Delamere regeneration plans open for public consultation
- 01 November 2013 New Glenlivet mountain biking trails open
- 17 October 2013 Supporting pupils near Holmewood estate