Welcome to The Crown Estate
Whether it is through building design or investing in renewable energy, we work to secure a sustainable future for our estate.
We are committed to long-term sustainable operations across the diverse portfolio we manage on the rural estate.
We have a well established governance structure that clearly defines our role and responsibilities and helps us implement our sustainability strategy.
Where we directly manage property and businesses, we are able to take clear and decisive action. We communicate our aspirations, identify common goals, offer expertise and collaborate with stakeholders to achieve our targets.
For some parts of our portfolio where our degree of direct management is limited, for example with properties on long leases, we engage with tenants and stakeholders to influence their activities so that they become more sustainable:
Our sustainability strategy is based around four pillars:
- Tackling climate change and energy security
- Driving environmental value
- Sustaining communities
- Working together.
Get in touch
- 24 February 2014 Northumberland rural estate purchased
- 05 February 2014 Woodland activity centre granted planning permission
- 21 January 2014 Bringing in 2014 with raft of activity across strategic land portfolio
- 05 February 2014 Dunster woodland activity centre gets go ahead
- 15 January 2014 Work commences on Lecht road junction project
- 12 December 2013 Early Christmas present for West Somerset Community College
- 26 November 2013 Exe Estuary Trail complete
- 21 November 2013 Delamere regeneration plans open for public consultation