Offshore wind new leasing: Spring/Summer 2019
During Spring/Summer 2019, we are continuing our work to refine proposals for Round 4, reflecting the feedback received from our November engagement with market and stakeholders.
As this work progresses, we will continue to provide updates on this section of our website, ensuring our latest proposals are available to market, stakeholders and interested organisations.
Stakeholder update (26th July)
We have produced an update document to provide stakeholders a summary of the ongoing work we are carrying out to conclude the final design, form and scale of Offshore Wind Leasing Round 4, ahead of the process launching later this year.
This follows the 18 July Market Information Event where we provided an update to the market on the proposed tender design of Round 4. More information about this event and the materials presented are available below.
Stakeholder update (26 July)
Market Information Event (18th July)
On 18 July, we presented the outcome of our tender design work for Offshore Wind Leasing Round 4 to the offshore wind market.
The tender process for Round 4 has been developed to deliver a fair, balanced and competitive tender, which balances a broad range of interests.
In the ‘Materials’ pane you can find a copy of the slides presented at the event, a summary of the Q&A, as well as links to the recording of the presentations.
The recording is divided into two sessions. Time markers are listed in the description of the videos which can be used to skip to each chapter.
Session 1 covers the following chapters:
- Introduction (Will Apps)
- Overview of process to date (Jonny Boston)
- Leasing process design (Jonny Boston)
- Overview of ITT Stage 2 (Ben Barton)
Session 2 covers the following chapters:
- ITT Stage 1 & technical design changes (Helen Elphick)
- Additional commercial design changes (Ben Barton)
- Summary, timeline & next steps (Jonny Boston)
If you would like further information, please contact us at [email protected]
Materials for market event
Market Feedback Webinar (29th April)
On 29 April, we presented a market update, via a webinar, on our plans for new offshore wind leasing, summarising the feedback we have received from developers since our November engagement events and confirming how this will be taken forward in our updated tender design.
The presentation shared a series of refinements and clarifications on our draft proposals for Round 4, reflecting the comments received.
The webinar and slides are available here. The agenda of the recording is as follows:
- 00:00 Welcome
- 04:07 Context and objectives
- 07:16 November 2018 engagement and common themes from your feedback
- 14:19 Our updated proposals
- 15:46 Our updated proposals: Who can bid?
- 20:50 Our updated proposals: PQQ criteria
- 28:08 Our updated proposals: Approach to ITT
- 32:12 Our updated proposals: Approach to Tender parameters
- 42:16 Our updated proposals: Approach to AfL and Lease terms
- 44:52 Timeline, other leasing activities and next steps
- 50:20 Q&A
Access to full market webinar