On 5th July 2022, The Crown Estate announced the Areas of Search for the development of floating wind in the Celtic Sea.
These areas have been identified following technical analysis and extensive engagement with market, marine and statutory stakeholders.
Engagement is at the core of The Crown Estate’s approach to floating offshore wind and further feedback will be sought as we refine the Areas of Search into smaller Project Development Areas capable of containing a gigawatt scale project.
To support this announcement and explain how stakeholders can continue to contribute to the refinement process, The Crown Estate hosted two webinars on Thursday 7th July 2022 for its market and marine stakeholders, respectively.
The recording from the webinars can be found below:
PDF versions of the presentations used in the webinar can be found below: ·
The webinars provided an overview of:
- Our approach to floating offshore wind in the Celtic Sea
- How we have engaged with stakeholders and how this has shaped our work
- Our approach to and progress on the spatial design of floating wind in the Celtic Sea
- Initial Areas of Search and how The Crown Estate will be taking these forwards and further refining them into smaller Project Development Areas
- Next steps and how stakeholders have been asked to give feedback
A written summary of the Q&A related to the presentation will be made available on this page in due course.
If you are a potential market participant and were unable to attend these events, and/or you would like further information, please contact us at [email protected]