Offshore wind potential new leasing: July 2018 update
In July 2018, The Crown Estate presented to industry and statutory stakeholders, to provide an overview of its work-to-date to design a potential new leasing round for offshore wind.
The presentation, available on the right, outlines The Crown Estate’s work over recent months to consider the potential scale, location and nature of any new seabed rights in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
The slides provide an overview of:
- The Crown Estate’s role and remit offshore
- The UK regulatory setting for offshore wind
- The existing UK portfolio.
- Other considerations, including statutory obligations and other ongoing leasing processes
- Our proposed approach to tender design, building on lessons learned from previous leasing rounds, and subject to feedback from market and stakeholders.
- Next steps and timescales
A summary of the Q&A related to the presentation is also available on the right.
If you are a potential market participant and were unable to attend these events, and/or you would like further information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org