30 August 2017
Foodie Weekender wows the Coliseum crowds
The Crown Estate delivered an extra tasty bank holiday for shoppers in Ellesmere Port, as Coliseum Shopping Park hosted its first-ever Foodie Weekender event. The three-day pop-up event brought together a host of independent street food vendors to complement the park’s popular retail offering.
Visitors were treated to festival-style entertainment at Coliseum Shopping Park with free family activities, including face-painting and balloon modelling, taking place at a specially-erected tipi beautifully decked-out in with vintage charm.
An ‘Instacam Van’ was also on site allowing visitors to capture the perfect picture and take away a bank holiday momemto. Stilt-walking chefs roamed the park offering shoppers samples of the culinary delights and promotional leaflets from Coliseum retailers.
Foodies were able to enjoy a host of independent street food vendors serving delicious locally-sourced cuisine including:
- Hyacinth Vintage Ice Cream; luxury ice cream served from a vintage Bedford ice cream van.
- Twist and Snout; the Liverpool-based hog roast specialists
- The Gourmet Sausage Box; sizzling sausages sourced and produced in Wales
- Smoke and Mischief; offering the best of British BBQ-ing
- Amorous Pizza; with the perfect stone-baked pizza experience
- Badger and Bean; artisan coffee, steaming tea and refreshments.
Rebecca Fry, a local food blogger who runs the Eat Liverpool blog http://www.eatlvpl.com/, visited the event and said: “We had a great time eating our way around the food trucks at the Foodie Weekender. The variety of dishes on offer were all locally sourced, good quality and really delicious. We loved chatting to the producers about their businesses and enjoying a drink in the sun.”Back to Media & Insights