17 February 2021
One Heddon Street achieves Platinum WELL certification
One Heddon Street, one of The Crown Estate’s flexible office spaces, has achieved WELL Certification at the Platinum Level – making it the world’s first fully fitted co-working space to achieve this certification.
The WELL Building Standard is a vehicle for buildings and organisations to deliver more thoughtful and intentional spaces that enhance human health and well-being. It includes strategies that aim to advance health by setting performance standards for design interventions, operational protocols and policies and a commitment to fostering a culture of health and wellness.
The Crown Estate earned the distinction based on seven categories of building performance—air, water, light, nourishment, fitness, comfort and mind.
One Heddon Street, launched by The Crown Estate in January 2019, has been designed with the wellbeing of its members in mind, and includes features such as:
- Enhanced fresh air supply and no recycled air, ensuring better air quality
- Internal and external planting, including a living wall
- Extensive use of natural light
- Filtered water available throughout, to ensure hydration;
- A selection and procurement of furniture, fixture and finishes (e.g. paints, chairs, etc.) with low VOC (volatile organic compound) content to maintain healthy indoor air quality levels;
- Hosting wellbeing events to support the health and wellbeing of the One Heddon Street Community, such as - exercise classes, lunch and learns around stress, and creative workshops such as bauble and wreath making at Christmas
One Heddon Street offers 300 desks and a breadth of flexible memberships, ranging from private offices for two to thirty two people, to resident desks and co-working. It reflects The Crown Estate’s move to provide offices that offer a broader range of workspaces and services to reflect the evolving needs of its customers as we emerge from the pandemic.
James Cooksey, Director of Central London at The Crown Estate, said: “As we adjust to the effect of Covid 19, we’re all more aware than ever of the impact our working environment can have on our health, comfort and productivity. One Heddon Street is the latest of our workspaces to deliver the very highest standards of health and wellbeing for its occupants, reflecting the evolving needs of modern businesses and their staff, and we’re thrilled to have this recognised by WELL.”
One Heddon Street follows in the footsteps of The Crown Estate’s latest mixed used development The Marq in St James’s, now fully let, which is recognised as the first new-build project in the UK to achieve both a BREEAM New Construction Outstanding rating for its shell and core, and the WELL Gold Certification.Back to Media & Insights